- Board-certified general neurologist and clinical neurophysiologist
- Affiliated with a large multispecialty group in Los Angeles
- Completed medical training at Rush University and University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine
Dana Cooper, M.D., is a board-certified general neurologist at a large, multispecialty medical group located in Los Angeles. She treats people with a wide variety of neurologic conditions including multiple sclerosis (MS), migraines, epilepsy, neuropathy, and dementia. She has a background in psychology, which helps her better understand the mind-brain and mind-body connections when helping patients.
“Neurology is extremely complex, and being diagnosed with a neurologic condition can be very scary,” says Cooper. “My goal is to make sure my patients always have a good understanding of their illness so they can be active participants in their own healthcare and know how to make the right decisions for themselves.”
In her free time, Cooper enjoys exploring the hiking trails around Southern California and baking up some delicious concoctions in the kitchen. During the pandemic, she picked up a couple of new hobbies—yoga and crocheting—to help her relax.
Cooper earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology and French at Washington University in St. Louis. She received her medical degree from Loyola University Chicago, where she graduated cum laude. She interned in internal medicine and completed a neurology residency at Rush University in Chicago. Cooper also completed a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine.
Affiliations and Publications
- Member of the American Academy of Neurology
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha, the national medical honor society
- “Spinal Muscular Atrophy – Two Case Reports of Compound Heterozygosity.” US Neurology (2019).
- ”Severe Exacerbation of Myasthenia Gravis Associated with Checkpoint Inhibitor Immunotherapy.” Journal of Neuromuscular Diseases (2017).
Experts are medical professionals who have been engaged by Kopa to provide information and support to our users. Posts from Experts are not medical advice and do not represent the position of Kopa.