Pelvic Health Therapist
- Occupational therapist specializing in pelvic rehabilitation, perinatal mental health, and sex counseling to help provide well-rounded care during pregnancy and postpartum
- Pelvic health researcher and clinician studying the effects of pelvic health education in the perinatal population
- Author of Not Just Kegels: The Exhausted Mama’s Guide to Pregnancy & Postnatal Wellness
Sujata Martin is an occupational therapy clinician and researcher with more than 10 years of experience working in a variety of care settings, including inpatient care, outpatient rehab, aquatic therapy, behavioral counseling, and telehealth.
She is the founder and primary pelvic floor therapist at Concierge Pelvic Floor, where she provides one-on-one and group instruction on pelvic health and sexual well-being to people of all genders. Sujata has provided educational offerings to multiple public universities, nonprofits, and corporate entities, with the goal of increasing accessibility to pelvic health information. Her practice is centered around a mind-body healing philosophy, including yoga-based mindfulness therapy and sex counseling.
“My primary goal is to enable individuals of all genders to find comfort and confidence in their pelvic health, by providing trauma-informed, culturally sensitive, evidence-based care,” Martin says.
Sujata Martin practices in Tampa, Florida. She is a first-generation American and strives to provide culturally sensitive care to people in underserved communities.
Sujata Martin received her undergraduate rehabilitation education at India’s premier medical institute, King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College. She graduated summa cum laude with a Master of Science in occupational therapy from the University at Buffalo. She has pursued post-professional education in pelvic rehabilitation, maternal mental health, and sex counseling to serve her patients better.
Affiliations and Publications
- Florida Occupational Therapy Association
- Coalition of Occupational Therapy Advocates for Diversity
- Board member of Yoga Parkside, a nonprofit yoga studio in Buffalo, New York
- “Impact of Physical Activities on Frailty in Community-Dwelling Older Women.” Physical & Occupational Therapy in Geriatrics (2018).
- Not Just Kegels: The Exhausted Mama’s Guide to Pregnancy & Postnatal Wellness. Amazon KDP (2020).
- Primary clinical investigator for a case-controlled study exploring the effects ofpelvic floor education during pregnancy on birth outcomes (November 2020 to present)
- New York State Occupational Therapy Association 2021 Merit Award for Practice in the area of women’s health/pelvic health
Experts are medical professionals who have been engaged by Kopa to provide information and support to our users. Posts from Experts are not medical advice and do not represent the position of Kopa.