Family Medicine Physician
- Board-certified family medicine physician with specialty in obstetrics
- Trained at the University of Illinois, Chicago, and the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis
- Delivers on average 60 babies per year in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Provides prenatal, postpartum, and newborn care
- Provides primary care for people and families of all ages
Laura Giegler, M.D., is a board-certified family medicine doctor with a specialty in obstetrics who practices in St. Paul, Minnesota. Her practice includes providing primary care for people of all ages, including families of multiple generations.
She has a passion for women’s health, specifically taking care of her pregnant patients throughout their pregnancy journey, including delivering babies, providing postpartum care, and caring for their newborns.
“It is a joy to be able to follow women throughout their entire pregnancy journey, from the first positive pregnancy test to the first cry of their newborn in the delivery room, and then being able to care for their child and watch them grow up,” Giegler says.
In her free time, Giegler enjoys traveling to new places and exploring the outdoors through hiking and canoeing.
Giegler graduated from the University of Illinois with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and a minor in chemistry. She earned her medical degree at the University of Illinois in Chicago and spent an additional year focused on public health coursework. She completed her family medicine residency training at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
Affiliations and Publications
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
Experts are medical professionals who have been engaged by Kopa to provide information and support to our users. Posts from Experts are not medical advice and do not represent the position of Kopa.